Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolved...



I resolved not to make any resolutions this year. Not because there isn't LARGE room for improvement, but because I hate knowing I've broken one. Or several. Or every one I've ever made. I don't know why we feel we must tie the albatross of failure around our necks as a way of celebrating the New Year. So this year I didn't do it. At least I didn't write one down. That counts, doesn't it?

Like most people, I would like to use my time in 2009 getting physically active, dare I say it, fit. I'm not expecting miracles from my little appointments with the elliptical trainer. I doubt anyone will be mistaking me for Beyonce anytime soon.

Okay, K, I hear you laughing- I meant besides the obvious reasons no one would mistake me for Beyonce.

So T, my most intrepid, most handsome, and most able-to-put-up-with-my-silliness companion, and I go to the gym near our house whenever we can. We try not to go when it's too crowded- a difficult feat right after New Year's. I like seeing all of the people in the new workout gear they got for Christmas, although I expect WiiFit may have given some of the gyms a run for their money this year. I prefer Guitar Hero and we don't have a Wii (yet anyway- no hint there, I swear honey- although I know the way we operate), so I guess I'll have to stick with the gym.

Hopefully we'll keep going. I have a feeling the monthly gym membership fees will be a pretty good inspiration after good intentions lose their power. So if you're looking for me, I'm the one in the baseball cap singing along with her ipod and trying not to fall off of the equipment. I would like to say that's a joke, but I did end up severely spraining my ankle during my introductory consultation appointment at Curves three or four years ago. And yes, I'd like to say that was a joke too.

Resolved, exercise can be dangerous to the health. But so can making resolutions willy-nilly. And I'm usually a big fan of doing things willy-nilly.

kms 2009

1 comment:

Kara said...

Hey now, Beyonce has nothing on you. She doesn't even wear her real hair. TOTAL FAILURE.

haha