Saturday, March 7, 2009

CODE NAME: Auntie

I became an auntie for the second time on Thursday and yet again, no one threw me a shower.

Just kidding, of course.

Well, sort of.

I have to admit registering for things for my wedding got into my skin in a bad way- T and I still periodically find ourselves checking the front porch for packages from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
There's an almost carnal thrill to going around a store with a price gun, but it seems to me that baby registries would be the grand carnivale of shopping experiences. Not only are you picking out your own gifts, but you can justify your choices by saying they're for someone else. It's the capitalist equivalent of a plenary indulgence.

All kidding aside, I'm very happy to have another little niece to love and spoil with impunity.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Congratulations, Auntie! Feel free to share any adorable baby pictures with yours truly. Maybe the cuteness will help melt all the friggin' snow.