Friday, September 4, 2009

This Blog Brought to You by the Umbrella Corporation

So during lunch I race to the local library to pick up the book waiting on hold for me there. Pride and Prejudice. And Zombies.

I scout out the usual shelves, hoping the website was wrong and there were copies of the other new arrivals for me to check out and devour over the weekend. Finally, I go to the hold shelves and pick up my book.

Pride. Check.

Prejudice. Check.

Zombies. No check.

I raced all the way across town to pick up a copy of a book I already have? Without the extra ultra-cool zombie violence? Are you kidding me? Plus, what am I supposed to do? Go up to the checkout desk and complain about being given a classic of British literature?

Freaky people trying to shove straight Austen down other people's throats.

1 comment:

Kim Kelley-Wagner said...

hey, i've got it on audio, want a copy?